Canada is a well-developed country in North America. It is extended from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean. Canada has 10 (Ten) provinces with 3 (Three) territories. The area covered by Canada is over 9.98 million square kilometers which makes it the second-largest country in the world.
People usually think of Canada as a business, Education destination but there is a lot more to know about it. Let’s know some of the interesting hidden facts about Canada.
What Type Of Country Is Canada?
Canada is the home of 38 million people distributed in the majorly capital Ottawa and its three largest metropolitan areas ” Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver “. It is the world’s longest binational land border with the United States stretching 8,891 Kilometers.
Interesting Facts About Canada
1. Canada has the longest coastline in the world with 202,080 km.
2. It is the largest country in the Western hemisphere and the second largest country in the world after Russia with an area of over 9.98 million square kilometers and borders only one country, the United States of America.
3. There are about 180 tree species in Canada. Timber is among the main exports of the country. Canada is the third most forested country in the world.
4. After Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, Canada is the third largest oil reserves in the world. And it is also the seventh-largest producer of oil.
5. Canada is the fourth biggest producer of hydroelectric power after China, Brazil, and the USA.
6. McKenzie River in the North West is the longest river in Canada with 4,241 km in length.
7. If you Don’t know then Canada Has two national languages. English and French are the two national languages of Canada
8. Great Bear Lake and Great Slave Lake which are among the top 10 largest lakes in the world are in Canada located in the Northwest Territories.
9. Canada is the largest producer of Uranium. It is mainly used for nuclear power. A kg of Uranium can produce as much energy as 1500000 Kg of coal.
10. Canada’s Toronto is the most multicultural city on Earth. There are over 250 ethnicities and 170 languages represented in this region.
11. The Trans-Canada Highway is over 7,604 kilometers long which is the longest highway in the world.
12. Canada is so big that it has 6 different time zones. Let’s see
|Newfoundland Daylight TimeNewfoundland (GMT-2:30)|
|Atlantic Daylight TimeHalifax Regional Municipality, NS, Canada (GMT-3)|
|Central Daylight TimeWinnipeg (GMT-5)|
|Central Standard TimeRegina (GMT-6)|
|Mountain Daylight TimeEdmonton (GMT-6)|
|Pacific Daylight Time|
13. The national holiday of Canada is called Canada Day which is celebrated on 1 July. It has 4 more national holidays New Year’s Day on 1st January, Good Friday varies from March 20 and April 23, Labour Day on the 1st Monday of September, and Christmas Day on the 25th of December.
14. There are 20 World Heritage Sites in Canada. And a further 11 on the tentative list. Let’s have a look at it.
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks
- Dinosaur Provincial Park
- Gros Morne National Park
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump
- Historic District of Old Québec
- Joggins Fossil Cliffs
- Kluane / Wrangell-St Elias / Glacier Bay / Tatshenshini-Alsek
- Landscape of Grand-Pré
- L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- Miguasha National Park (a provincial park)
- Mistaken Point
- Nahanni National Park
- Old Town Lunenburg
- Pimachiowin Aki
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- Rideau Canal
- SG̱ang Gwaay
- Waterton Glacier International Peace Park
- Wood Buffalo National Park
- Writing-on-Stone / Áísínai’pi
15. -63 degrees celsius as the lowest temperature was recorded on Feb. 3, 1947, in Sang, Yukon, Canada. The temperature was similar to the temperature of Mars.
After Reading Facts About Canada Also Read Interesting Fact About Mexico